Oh no.........

Ohhhh noooo....

Miss E is in the transitional phase of becoming a TWEEN (pre-teenager/ pre-adolescence).

Ohhh noooo...... I am so not ready for this.....

Ya Allah, please grant me and hubby much patience and wisdom to handle Miss E properly. Ya Allah the Mighty, may you keep her safe all the time from all the harms in this world and hereafter.... May she go through this phase smoothly and become a wiser, better person in future... 

Yeah, I am worry more about my daughters than my son...  :D

Thus, I am compiling tips on how to handle tween here for my easier reference:
 


1) Be willing to change.

2) Focus on the relationship, not on discipline.
3) It’s appropriate for your tween to want more independence.
4) Schedule quality time.
5) Cultivate empathy for your daughter.
6) Be aware that tween girls usually harbor great anxiety about adolescence.
7) Be sure your daughter is getting nine hours of sleep each night, as an absolute minimum.
8) Limit computer use.
9) Nurture your daughter’s passions.
10) Don’t let your daughter turn into a couch potato.
11) Talk about relationships and sex.
12) Don't take anything she says or does personally.
13) Insist on civility, but do it from as calm a place as you can muster
14) Remember that kids this age have strong feelings that they need help to handle.
15) Don't stop being physically close.
16) Course correct.

  • credit to WikiHow (ohhhh I just discovered this.... so outdated me)
  1. Talk to your children about the physical changes she is going to go through
  2. Prepare for the emotional ups and downs of this stage in your child's life
  3. Shows your child that you love and support her
  4. Accept new relationships but establish boundaries
  5. Realize that your child will not need you as much, or at least in the same ways
  6. Address your own stress

So in summary, more cuddles and hugs for Miss E..... yes I can do this!!!


Miss E and Mr A during their trip to KidZania last December

But....... Oh mannnnn Miss E is growing up and  I feel old :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MrA's Graduation

Dupdapdupdap part 1